Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life is Funny

Yesterday we had individual presentations, which were very interesting by the way, and Maggie talked about the last few lines from "Little Gidding" in T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets, and how the idea of the fire and the rose being one could be found throughout novels by Stephen King. She spoke about the rose symbolizing life and fire symbolizing rebirth. I thought what she had to say was interesting, but have never really read any Stephen King novels, so could not make the connection myself.

The following day I was taking a nap with the television on (it helps me sleep for some reason) and woke up to a crazy scene with a lady who looked like witch attacking a man. At first I thought it was a "Harry Potter" movie, and just ignored it. I was re-awoken by the sound of the television again few moments later and saw a girl on it using her mind to drop boulders on this huge mansion to of destroy it. Then there was a huge explosion and the house was engulfed by fire. The next scene was of the people who had been together in the house holding red roses and placing them by the house in remembrance of the friends that they had lost. The spirits of the lost friends could be seen in one of the windows of what remained of the house. They had crossed over into another world, the spirit world, and the roses represented them. Low and behold, when I looked at the information about the movie it was a Stephen King movie called "Rose Red." I just thought it was so funny that the day after she had talked about something like that in class, I would randomly get a glimpse of what she was talking about while waking from a nap. The way in which the world works is most definitely funny at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment